Future-proofing Australia's roads
With urbanisation on the rise and traffic volumes ever increasing, federal and state governments cannot build new infrastructure quickly enough to cope with demand. Road networks must now carry out major infrastructure upgrades to ensure that drivers continue to have a safe, fast and more reliable journey.
At Visionstream, we work with public and private sector operators to develop solutions that address key issues facing road network operators including accessibility, efficiency, reliability, safety, equity and security.
VicRoads M80 upgrade
Visionstream was awarded the design, supply, construction and maintenance contract for the provision and maintenance of the corridor-wide Freeway Management System and the Intelligent Transport System (ITS) of the M80 Ring Road Upgrade.
Visionstream worked with VicRoads to extend the existing Freeway Management System and the Intelligent Transport System onto the upgrade of the Western Ring Road M80.
Features of this work included:
- traffic lights on entry ramps to manage congestion and traffic flow during busy times
- overhead electronic lane signs to display speed limits and lane availability
- electronic on-road message boards to inform drivers about travel times, roadworks, and incidents
- closed circuit TV cameras to allow operators to view live traffic conditions.
Following the completion of the design and construct phases of each of the seven separable portions of this complex project, Visionstream will begin the ongoing operations and maintenance component of the project.
Experience and expertise where it counts
With more than two decades of industry experience, Visionstream has designed and completed many of the country’s largest communications networks across a wide range of fixed and wireless technologies.
Our end-to-end project commitment to you is backed by industry leading project performance, robust project management, in-house technical capabilities and 24/7 real-time support. Our national team is dedicated to quality and safety and works seamlessly with our extensive sub-contractor network and a wide range of technology vendors and carriers to provide the best solution for you.
- Improved road safety.
- Increased traffic flow on the heavily congested M80 freeway.
- More consistent travel times.
- Improved communication with drivers about speed, lane availability and changed traffic conditions.
- Seamless integration of the new M80 ITS system into the existing VicRoads command and control centre.