Building Resilient Networks
As reliance on technology grows exponentially, the demand for more readily available and robust networks across retail, residential, corporate and government sectors will only increase.
We work with carriers and vendors to provide innovative, effective and efficient solutions to ensure the supply of available networks meet voice and data demand.
Rolling out fixed wireless across Australia
The nbn™ is an initiative by the Australian Federal Government to provide high speed broadband access to 100 per cent of Australian homes and businesses through a combination of fibre, fixed wireless and satellite technologies.
Ericsson is nbn™ co’s prime technology partner for the fixed wireless component of the nbn™ and Ericsson has selected Visionstream as its key partner to roll out the fixed wireless network across Australia.
A vital component of the nbn™, the fixed wireless network provides high-speed broadband access to smaller regional and rural communities across the country where it would be uneconomical to provide the service via terrestrial means.
In this rollout, Visionstream supports Ericsson with:
- Site Acquisition, Environment and Design (SAED) – incorporating site identification, negotiations with landowners and regulatory authorities, town planning, environmental assessments, acquisition of suitable locations for wireless networks, structural, electrical and overall site design
- Site construction – constructing all works necessary to create a network site including civil, electrical, structural and landscaping works
- Installation, Commissioning, Integration and Optimisation (ICIO) – involving the installation and commissioning of Ericsson’s network equipment necessary to make the site fully functional including fixed wireless equipment, antennas and feeders. It also includes integrating and optimising the individual sites into the overall network.
Expertise and experience where it counts
At Visionstream, we partner with you to deliver value by driving network efficiency and providing end-to-end solutions from design to build, integration and ongoing maintenance of the asset.
With more than 20 years experience in the networks market, Visionstream has an award winning safety record and an expertly skilled team. We bring together a diverse range of technologies and data from multiple sources without compromising integrity and reliability, to deliver whole-of-life project solutions.
Having built some of the largest fibre optic and mobile networks in Australia and New Zealand and maintained both new and existing network access across the region, Visionstream has the experience and expertise to deliver comprehensive carrier and ISP solutions.
The Fixed Wireless Network will:
- deliver the nbn™ to regional and rural communities across Australia – some of which have not yet had access to high-speed, fixed line broadband
- incorporate 2,400 fixed wireless sites
- allow customers to configure their network to offer consistent speeds, availability and reliability.